Every year since we started Irongirl and Ultrarunning Boy, Amber and I have used the last blog of the year to hopefully inspire people to live healthier, richer and full lives.
In 2009, Amber decided to leave the year by encouraging me to get off my butt and start training for races.
- She encouraged everyone to refer to me as "88.6" motivating me to train enough to finish Leadville 100.
- You can work a full-time job and still be incredibly fit.
- Prevent illness and injuries
- Perform 150 minutes of moderate aerobic exercise a week and 75 minutes of vigorous aerobic exercise per week
- Brush and floss your teeth
- Sleep 7-9 hours
- Strengthen your core and joint stabilizers 3-4 days per week
- Challenge your balance
- Challenge your mind
- We are always so driven by the future that we very rarely just get to appreciate the moments of our lives. So for this new year join those people that you love doing the things that you love and try to think of nothing but how much you are glad for where you are at this very moment and stop worrying about the future.
- Stress relief
- Good hygiene
- Well-balanced diet
- Finding things everyday that make us happy.
This year, I'm leaving it up to you. Find what works for you. Carve out time for yourself each and every day to do what you truly love. Maybe make this year's resolution to not have to make any more resolutions because you are living your life to the fittest and you have no regrets. Wouldn't that be great?